Feel better about yourself!
05 Mar 2014
I’m giving away a $100 gift card to Walmart. Go here to ‘like’ my page on Facebook for a chance to win!
Some of you might not know this, but the reason I became interested in beauty, makeup and skin care was because I was tired of dealing with my skin. I’d always suffered from adult acne and scarring, never severe, but it was always there. I’d never been totally unhappy with the way I looked, but having bad skin sure was frustrating! Sometimes I felt pretty bad about myself.
So I started researching skin care and better ways to control my acne. I also started playing around with makeup. I am happy to announce that due to the skin care products I’ve been using and my own knowledge about skin, I no longer have bad skin.
Yes, I do have enlarged pores on my cheeks, I have a big nose, sideburns, a face that’s always shiny and I can never seem to keep my hair from looking not messy, but that’s OK. I can honestly say I’m fine with the way I look now. Because the truth is, self-doubt is another way of saying you’re pretty normal.
If you’re constantly feeling ‘blah’ though, it’s time for a change! Below are my tips and techniques to feel better about yourself and make the better stick. These are just things that helped me, hope they will help some of you guys.
Here are 10 ways to feel good about yourself:
1. Look in the mirror. Instead of finding your physical flaws, look at your best features. Your eyes? Your hair? Your smile? Focus on that for a minute and be grateful for it.
2. Change one thing. If there’s something really bothering you about yourself, then pick one small action to change it and do that now. Go ahead. Just a little thing.
3. Find something to give away. If you have something you don’t need or use, and it might be something someone else might need or use, give it to them. It feels good – like good Karma.
4. Appreciate beauty. It’s all around you. Just look for it. When you see it on the outside, you may feel it on the inside. Beauty is catching.
5. Surprise someone. Do something fun and unexpected for someone you care about. Just planning this will life your spirits.
6. Remind yourself, it will be OK. It usually is. In spite of all of your fretting and worry, most of the time things work out.
7. Journal. Get it out on paper. Release the thoughts and worries bottled up inside. It will feel freeing.
8. Compliment someone. Just say something nice. Make someone’s day with your words, and it will make yours.
9. Take the steps. Break it down. Start small. One at a time. Now take the first one. That’s all. It’s a start. Good for you.
10. Fix your hair and make-up. Darn if it doesn’t make you feel better. When you look your best, you see yourself differently.
Don’t beat yourself up over imperfections; turn the tables around and try to think differently about them. Remember that no one else in the entire world is exactly like you!