Today I’ll be doing a review comparing two blotting powders from the drugstore. One is only available in the US: Wet N Wild Fergie Take On The Day Mattifying Powder. The other one is only available in Europe: Essence All About Matt Fixing Compact Powder.
I thought it would be neat to see how the two compare. I know that my readers in the US are always curious to try products from Europe and vice versa. Since I’m currently in The Netherlands and I own both (I bought Essence’s powder when I first got here), I thought it would be interesting to see what exactly the differences and similarities are. Keep reading to find out which compact has my preference.
I’ve been using Wet N Wild’s powder for a couple of weeks now and I’ve been loving it! I bought Essence’s All About Matt when I first got here, which is about a week ago and I’ve been using it daily since I got it. Just to see how it compares with my beloved Take On The Day. Here’s how they are each described:
Essence All About Matt Fixing Compact Powder: Extremely smooth fixing compact powder for a matt and natural finish all day long. Helps to blend blush and foundation colors together. Fixes make-up when applied as finishing powder. For all skin tones.
Wet N Wild Fergie Take On The Day Mattifying Powder: Feel shiny within, not without! Revolutionary light-reflecting powder contains porous silica beads, which absorb oil and minimize shine. Lightweight powder feel weightless on the skin without adding color, and sets with a luminous, soft-focus finish. Use alone, or over makeup to set and seal foundation.
Because I know not everybody likes to read reviews that are three pages long, here are in short my findings after using both powders.
* They are both available at the drugstore, therefore easy to find. In the Netherlands you can find Essence at Kruidvat and in the US you can find Wet n Wild at various drugstores. Ulta sells Essence in the US as well, but I haven’t seen this particular product there (yet).
* Both are comparable in price and very affordable: $4.99 for Take On The Day and you can find All About Matt for €2.99 (which is about $4.10).
* Both are pressed powders that come in compacts; Take On The Day is a little bit bulkier. No mirror in neither, unfortunately.
* Even though Take On The Day comes in a bigger compact, it contains less product (6 grams vs 8 grams).
* They are both white powders that look scary in the pan, but luckily they both go on translucent (NO white cast!).
* I have oily skin and both powders do a great job at instantly getting rid of the shine without ‘messing up’ my foundation and blush. No white cast or irritation. The oil does come back, but it takes an hour or two.
*Below are the ingredients for both. The first ingredient in All about Matt is talc and Take On The Day contains mostly silica. I took pictures of the ingredient lists for you to see:
Ingredients Essence All About Matt
Ingredients Wet N Wild Fergie Take On The Day
Both powders are very similar. They do an equally awesome job of getting rid of my shiny t-zone, without messing up my makeup or irritating my skin. In fact, I can use them interchangeable without even knowing which one I’m using. If I had to repurchase one, I would go for Essence’s All About Matt Fixing Compact Powder. Simply because the compact is less bulky and you get more product. Both are excellent buys though!
You might also like these posts!