I haven’t been this enthusiastic about a product in a long time! For the last couple of months I’ve been trying a new foundation primer by Hourglass and it’s now my new best friend. This is my full review.
What is it?
A mineral-based, water-resistant primer with SPF 15 that neutralizes the skin, minimizes shine, and creates a smooth, uniform canvas for flawless makeup application. This clean, satin-finish formula helps keep makeup looking fresh and prevents fading. Veil Mineral Primer also absorbs excess oils and minimizes the appearance of pores by evenly distributing light to help hide and soften skin imperfections and fine lines.
This primer had been on my wish list for a while, but because of its hefty price tag I was never able to purchase it (I just couldn’t get myself to spend this much money on a makeup primer). During last year’s Sephora Friends & Family I decided to finally take it off my list. I purchased it with 20% off and I also used my $15 coupon that Sephora had sent out to every ‘Beauty Insider’. Score!
I had read sooo many raving reviews prior to purchasing and I can honestly say now that I agree with each and every one of them. This primer is THE BEST PRIMER I’ve ever tried. EVER EVER EVER!
It’s great because:
* It truly mattifies my face all day long. I never have to blot my face throughout the day when I use it. NEVER! My face stays matte! This is truly amazing, since my skin always gets oilier than a pan with grease.
* It diminishes the appearance of my pores and makes my cheeks look smooth (even though they are not).
* It helps my foundation stay on longer. My face still looks good at the end of the day, none of the foundation has come off.
* It blends into my skin easily and it feels like silk. Even though it looks white on my face at first, the color disappears quickly and the end result is smooth and soft-looking skin.
* It’s expensive, but if I add up all the money I’ve spent in the past on primers that weren’t amazing, it would probably be more than 50 bucks…
* It’s oil free, fragrance free and contains SPF 15. It’s actually formulated with naturally derived titanium dioxide and zinc oxide instead of chemical sun-blocking agents.
* It comes in a pump bottle, which I love. It’s a glass bottle, which isn’t that handy for traveling, but I like how fancy it looks.
I definitely recommend this primer to people who have (extremely) oily skin!
Where to buy:
You can find the Veil Mineral Primer by Hourglass at Sephora, on Sephora.com and on Hourglass‘ website. It retails for $52 (1 oz). They also sell smaller bottles (0.33 oz), these are $18. If you not sure about spending $52 on a primer, try the small bottle first!