What are your beauty pet peeves? Below are some of mine. I have a lot more, but I decided to limit myself to 10.
In case you don’t know what a pet peeve is, here’s a description: ‘a pet peeve (or pet hate) is a minor annoyance that an individual identifies as particularly annoying to them, to a greater degree than others may find it’.
Here’s my top 10!
1. Do you have a bad weave or extensions that don’t match? Ugh! You might as well rock your own (bad) hair.
2. When I have a matching duo, I always run out of shampoo long before conditioner. Because I have long hair, I tend to use a lot more conditioner. I wish they would sell conditioner in bigger bottles?
3. I’m not a big fan of noticeably drawn on eyebrows. Eye brows that are too thin, too thick or too bushy don’t do well in my book either…
4. Makeup products that are specific to your eye color. Eye shadows for blue eyes? Eyeliners specifically for green eyes? Nonsense! This is just another marketing trick.
5. People applying makeup on the subway. If you’re running late and don’t have time to apply your makeup at home, just wait until you’re at work or some other place with a restroom.
6. Chipped polish. I’ve been guilty in having of having chipped nails. Nothing worse than painting your nails and having them chip the next day.
7. Makeup that literally looks like it’s melting off my face in an hour because my skin is oily, even after using a primer, setting spray and blotting powder…sigh!
8. Identical packaging is also a pet peeve of mine. If I have several products of the same brand (blushes for example), it annoys me when they’re all in the same black compact…
9. Another thing on my list is dry skin. Dry hands? Ugh! Dry feet? Even worse. Lotion up!
10. Open shoes without nail polish: if I’m going to wear sandals, I always try to make sure my toenails are nicely painted.
What are your beauty pet peeves?
You might also like these posts: