After my haul from a few days ago (click here if you missed it), there were a couple of people who asked me if Benefit’s Porefessional and Smashbox’ Photo Finish Primer Light would make pores disappear. Nope, that is not what these products do…
The Porefessional minimizes the appearance of pores and the Photo Finish Light is an oil-absorbing primer that creates a smooth complexion. Unfortunately they do not make pores disappear
Products like primers and pore minimizers reduce the appearance of large pores, they don’t shrink pores. This might sound the same, but it’s really not! Unfortunately there is is nothing you can do to make your pores smaller. But (and this is the good news!) you can avoid making them look bigger.
These are a couple of factors that can make pores look big:
1. Skin debris like dead skin cells can collect in pores making them appear bigger. Good facial cleansing is key to staying debris-free
2. Excessive oiliness can keep pores filled with a layer of oil that accentuates their appearance. Consider using oil-absorbing makeup or more frequent cleansing or blotting
3. Bacterial growth contribute to blackheads and make pores appear freakishly huge. Exfoliation can help
4. Sun exposure can thicken the skin cells around the edge of pores making them appear larger. Using a sunscreen or limiting your sun exposure is a good idea
5. Genetics determines your skin type and if you’re unlucky enough to be born with oily, thicker skin your pores will probably be more noticeable
Using products like Benefit’s Porefessional and Smashbox’ Photo Finish Primer Light reduce the appearance of large pores and make your make up go on much smoother!
I’ve just purchased the items mentioned. I’m going to use them for a few weeks and then let you know how I like them! I’m hoping that Photo Finish will control the oil on my face. I’m really hoping… Anyway, review coming soon!
You might also like these posts: